I have often seen candidate who were able to qualify the preliminary examinations of UPSC but didn’t succeed in JPSC or BPSC examination. Normal perception clearly marks in that JPSC offers lower job profile and the job of IAS and allied services is much higher so if some one qualifies the PT examination of UPSC he or she must also qualify the Jharkhand State Public Service Examination.
No, that is not the case and if you are among those candidates who got success in UPSC CSAT examination, please don’t get smug about your achievement. You have to really work hard if you want success and you know that hard work should be guided by proper direction. So if you are applicant of the present JPSC exam then please go through the following tips:
1. Learn about the History of Jharkhand specially ancient history and contribution of Jharkhand in freedom and tribal movement.
2. Geography of Jharkhand is quite complex and it would be in your benefit if you specially elaborate on your studies about locations of mines and mineral production.
3. Industrialization and related topics about the state.
4. Rivers of Jharkhand and related Hydroelectric projects.
5. Hindu Holy places in Jharkhand.
6. Tribes of Jharkhand.
7. Bordering districts of neigbour states like Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh.
8. History of Bihar, specially Indian National Movement, Buddhism, Jainism, Maurya, Gupta, Sher Shah and 1857.
9. If possible then please work on mathematics upto 10+2 level as the questions asked are very simple and those students who come from non mathematics background are not able to understand the questions.
10. The history of JPSC is really dark and despite of best of efforts many brilliant candidates are rejected- don’t blame yourself if you don’t qualify.